KORONADAL CITY, SOUTH COTABATO- Governor Reynaldo S. Tamayo, Jr. signs the Executive Order Number 25 series of 2020 “An order declaring and placing the entire province of South Cotabato under modified general community quarantine and allowing the reopening of certain economic activities to restart the economy” after the press conference with the media at South Cotabato Provincial Capitol, earlier today.
Last on April 24, 2020, President Rodrigo Duterte has extended the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) to stop the spread of COVID-19 in the National Capital Region (NCR), Central Luzon, CALABARZON, the Provinces of Pangasinan, Benguet, Cebu, and Iloilo as well as the Cities of Baguio, Cebu, and Davao until May 15, 2020.
Other areas of the country with moderate and/ or low-risk covid-19 transmissions were placed under the General Community Quarantine, which the Province of South Cotabato and all other provinces and cities in the SOCCSKSARGEN Region ( Region XII) were included.
That is why, Governor Tamayo together with the Inter-agency task force (IATF) come up with this modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) with the following policies and guidelines;
• Mandatory social and physical distancing and wearing of face masks shall be maintained at all times;
• Proper sanitation and disinfection protocols shall be observed in all government offices, business establishments, public places, terminals, vehicles and other places frequently visited and used by people;
• Mandatory conduct of temperature checks at the entrance of malls, grocery stores, terminals, and all business establishments and offices;
• Regular conduct of health condition monitoring for employees and workers of both government and private entities;
• Persons who are 20 years old and below and those who are 60 years old and above and those with compromised health conditions are prohibited from going out of their respective homes and communities;
• Issuance of work quarantine pass for workers and other sectors (such as farmers and farm laborers) in the province shall be issued by the respective local government units to ensure compliance with the full (100%) and partial (50%) reopening of economic activities;
• The general population may go out of their homes only for purposes of accessing basic necessities and services;
• Strict border control is still being implemented and imposed. Persons who are not residents of the province are still prohibited from entering the province except those who are allowed as outlined in the previous issuances;
• There shall still be a mandatory imposition and observance of curfew from 9:00P.M. to 5:00 A.M. for all residents of the province except health and other essential frontlines;
• The prohibition on social/cultural-related, business-related and political-related mass or large gatherings including conferences, meetings, trade shows, festivals/fiestas, concerts, private parties, religious and socio-cultural celebrations of more than 10 people is hereby imposed;
• There shall be implemented a Provincial ID Tracking System for all government agencies/offices and private companies/businesses to facilitate easy contact tracing of people who might be possibly exposed to COVID-19 confirmed patients;
• All Local Government Units (LGUs) are mandated to establish their respective Isolation Units and Quarantine Facilities for their returning OFWs and stranded residents from Manila and other areas of the country;
• Work-from-home scheme may also be imposed in financial services, and other non-leisure wholesale and retail trade and services; and
• All residents of the province are still enjoined to Stay At Home;
Section III. Economic Activities Allowed. Under the Modified General Community Quarantine (GCQ), the following economic activities shall be allowed starting May 1, 2020:
Full Reopening (100%). Following the minimum health and safety standard requirements issued by the concerned government agencies such as the Department of Health (DOH) , Department of Trade and Industry (DTI), Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), Department of Public Works and Highways, Department of Transportation and Department of Agriculture (DA), among others, there shall be full operation (100%) for the following:
• Agriculture, Livestock, Fishery and Forestry;
• Manufacturing and Processing Plants and the entire value chain (including raw materials and packaging) of food products, essential products, medicines and medical supplies:
Essential and Hygiene Products (Soap, Detergents, Shampoo, Conditioner, Diapers, Feminine Hygiene Products, Tissue, Wipes, Toilet Papers, Disinfectants)
Medicines and Vitamins
Medical Products such as PPEs, masks, gloves, coveralls, others
Retail Establishments (supermarkets, grocery stores, public markets, convenience stores pharmacies and drugstores);
Hospitals, Medical, Dental and EENT Clinics;
Food Preparations and Water Refilling Stations;
Internet/IT and Telecommunications;
Logistics Service Providers (Cargo Handling, Warehousing, Trucking, Freight Forwarding and Shipping Line);
Delivery Services for Essential or Non-essential Items (e-commerce or not): Food, Water, Medicine, Pet Food, Hardware Products, Clothing & Accessories, Office Supplies or Other Basic Necessities;
Power, Energy, Water, Waste Disposal Services;
Electricity, Gas, Steam and Air Conditioning Supply;
Postal and Courier Services;
Water Collection, Treatment and Supply;
Waste Collection, Treatment and Disposal Activities except Junk Shops;
Sewerage (except emptying of septic tanks);
Security and Investigation Activities;
Accommodation used as quarantine facilities for OFW and overseas Filipinos, healthcare workers and other frontliners;
Extraction of crude petroleum and natural gas;
Gasoline Stations; and
Partial Reopening (with 50% onsite workers):
Restaurants, eateries, bakeries and other food outlets – for take-out and delivery services only;
Financial Services / Banks and Capital Markets;
Construction support industries such as hardware; tiles, paints, lumber and quarry services;
Business Process Outsourcing;
Repair and Installation of Machinery and Equipment;
Repair of Computers and Personal and Household Wares/Goods;
Repair and Maintenance of Motor Vehicles;
Services to Buildings and Landscape Activities except landscape care;
Employment Activities (Manpower services for essential activities only); and
Rental and Leasing Activities except for entertainment/ mass gathering purposes
Mall Operations. Only the supermarkets, drugstores, banks, laundry services, restaurants/bakeries/food outlets (for take-out or delivery only) and hardware shall be opened inside the malls. Only those who are 21 years old and above but not more than 60 years old shall be allowed to enter. Mandatory temperature checks at the entrances shall be imposed. The air conditioning temperature shall be at least at 26 degrees and with no Wi-Fi services provided. Operation of malls shall be from 7:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. Wearing of masks is a must.
Construction Services. Construction projects shall be resumed following the minimum health and safety standard requirements issued by the Department of Public Works and Highways.
Public Transportation Systems. The reopening of public transportation services shall be within the Province of South Cotabato only strictly observing the minimum standard requirements for social distancing by the Department of Transportation (DOTr), to wit: a) For UV Express: must not exceed 6 passengers including the driver, one seat apart for; b) For jeepneys/multicabs: must not exceed 50% of the regular capacity including the driver, one seat apart, and c) For buses: must not exceed 25 passengers including the driver and conductor, one seat apart. The respective Local Government Units (LGUs) are enjoined to implement their own protocols and policies for the operation of tricycles and motorcycles within their jurisdiction.
This Executive Order shall take effect on May 1, 2020 at 12:01 A.M. and shall remain in full force and effect until 11:59 P.M of May 15, 2020 unless earlier terminated or lifted as the circumstances may warrant.
Copy of EO can be access on this link: https://www.facebook.com/provlgovtsocot/posts/2854529231296613