South CotabatoKoronadal City—-The Provincial Engineering hopes to complete the bidding process of at least 90 percent of various projects before September ends, Engineer Frederick Soriano confirmed during the Kapihan sa Kapitolyo.
This 2022, PEO proposed P439M infrastructure projects. At least 30 percent or P125M are intended to roads, rural water system, school buildings, multi purpose buildings, and solar dryers.
“Rural water system is a priority project of the administration,” Soriano revealed.
Soriano said some of the engineering works are based on the submitted requests of the barangays in South Cotabato.
At present, 60 percent of the heavy equipment of PEO are deployed to various projects in the province while the remaining 40 percent are under repair. His office is set to submit purchased request for additional heavy equipment this July.
The province of South Cotabato allocated funds to maintain 320 kilometer of provincial roads and 70 kilometer of barangay roads based on request.
“Help us monitor our government infrastructure projects by sending us your observations,” Soriano encouraged the public for an open and transparent citizen monitoring.