South Cotabato Governor Reynaldo S. Tamayo Jr. proposes a Php2.5 Billion Annual Executive Budget for the year 2023 which is set for approval of the Sangguniang Panlalawigan.
In an interview early this week, Governor Tamayo said, the bulk of the budget will be intended for the priority programs which will be allocated for education, health care, infrastructure, and agriculture.
He assured that all aspects of development would be given utmost attention which will be focused on the following agenda, to include the following:
- Free Hospitalization
- Free education
- Establishment of economic zones
- ISO Accredited province (Quality Management
- Strengthen Tourism Industry (Income and Employment)
- Improve Infrastructure Development and Information Technology
- Strengthen Peace and Order and Improve Environmental Performance (Climate Change and Waste Disposal)
- Creation of Cooperative Unit
- Strengthen Agriculture Sector (Digital Agriculture and Consolidated Farming)
- Strengthen the Universal Health Care System (Hiring of Barangay Health Workers and Maximize Referral System)
“We are now finalizing our annual budget to be submitted to the SP,” he said,
Governor Tamayo disclosed that he is also focused on increasing revenue for the province after the 2020 local revenue was reduced by Php300 million.
He plans to put up a provincial government-led -Government and Controlled Corporation to generate more income for the province. This will also lower the dependency of the province on the National Tax Allocation (NATA) formerly known as the Internal Revenue Allotment (IRA) fund.