Any person including medical personnel, essential goods, and products coming from outside of South Cotabato are now prohibited to enter the province upon the issuance of Executive Order No. 20 issued by Governor Reynaldo S. Tamayo Jr. early today.
Based on the newly issued memo the following are prohibited and strictly enforced with the continued implementation of the Enhanced Community Quarantine and Calibrated Total Lockdown in the province of South Cotabato:
1. There shall be a strict prohibition on the entry of all medical personnel practicing, employed or stationed outside of the Province of South Cotabato. Those who are residents of the province may opt to continue their services in their respective stations, however, they are required to undergo mandatory 14-day quarantine period should they decide to return to the province;
2. Those patients undergoing dialysis sessions/treatment outside of the province are enjoined to transfer their dialysis treatment to the hospitals or dialysis clinics within South Cotabato that offer dialysis services. Expenses incurred in excess or beyond the coverage of Philhealth benefits shall be shouldered by the Provincial Governor’s Office. However, because of the compelling reason that they can not avail of dialysis services in the province, patients for dialysis sessions may be allowed to continue availing the said treatment outside the province. But prior to their return, they are required to observe 14-day quarantine together with their family members, assistants or helpers who accompanied them;
3. Under extreme circumstances, those seeking immediate medical attention and services may be allowed to go out of the province only if the said medical assistance or procedure is not available within the province. However, the same shall be required to observe 14-day quarantine before their return to the province;
4. The delivery and entry to the province of goods, medical supplies, food items and essential products necessary for human and animal consumption shall only be allowed after the strict observance of the following procedure:
i. the one driver-one helper – policy is strictly enforced; and
ii. Drivers and helpers of the cargo/transport vehicles shall disembark at the designated borders of the province and shall observe stringent sanitation protocol.
5. The entry of people who are non-residents of the province is strictly prohibited, and f. The Philippine National Police (PNP) and the respective City/Municipal Mayors are hereby ordered to strictly secure their respective borders and to sternly implement this Executive Order.