Koronadal City—The Provincial Government of South Cotabato aims to receive the third Consistent Regional Outstanding Winner in Nutrition (CROWN) this year, Maria Ana Uy, Provincial Nutrition Action Officer, said.
A group of national evaluators led by the National Nutrition Council (NNC) will be coming to South Cotabato on April 1-4, 2019 to assess the documents and validate the nutrition program at the municipal and barangay level.
“This evaluation will be the last tranch to get the Nutrition Honor Award,” Uy stressed out. The Nutrition Honor Award is the highest recognition given to a local government unit in the implementation of the nutrition program in the country.
The validating team will choose two towns to visit. They will verify the impact of the program at the community level through random sampling. Three barangay will be chosen.
“This will give the idea on how provincial government cascades interventions based on the nutrition needs of the identified areas,” Uy said.
Based on the guidelines, 60 percent of the evaluation is assessed through the documents presented by the provincial government while the remaining 40 percent is a shared output from the municipal and barangay.
In the last three years, the province identified the top 20 barangays in South Cotabato with a high prevalence rate of malnutrition which interventions are focused and maintained.